Thursday 20 December 2012

Dymewood December 12 Update

Well almost the end of another brilliant model railway year...

Recent Events:
Warley - attended for the3rd year running and ran our Computer DCC Demonstration Layout with David Townend and Team - very busy and successful 2 days - and we have been invited back again for our 4th year!! - must be the £5 notes we are handing out during the presentation!
Met up with my new friend and fellow "modular constructor" Chris Jones - great to meet and talk briefly between presentations.
Here is David in full flow and drawing the crowds again....

Garage Update:
Getting a bit cold in the garage to do too much but meeting Chris at Warley made me feel guilty about not updating the Blog with some info on what's been happening to the Dymewood 2 Modular Project.
Here are a few shots to show that there is some work going on but almost all about getting the track plan decided - so as many will know, this can be a messy time with bits of track, made up rising sections etc.
Ply boards are in place to allow track planning but will be removed later as the layout will be built on open boards and T or L girder principles.

Attempting the impossible! - getting the current 12 foot to look like 20 foot 
by the use of curves!


Just checking how many levels I can create in such a small area to add interest if this becomes exhibition standard at some point in time.



There I told you it would look messy just now!


Also purchased a couple of new loco's recently - running them as DC at the moment - not chipped, just to check the track as I experiment with the new track plan.

Had to get an A4 and it had to be the first model train I had as a 5 year old! of course a Bachmann "Sir Nigel Gresley"


Came across a limited edition Hornby Brittania - 70000 that was in non lined BR Black - so both these are trundling up and down my test tracks to keep me happy and play trains whilst I build!

Well, I wish all my viewers a very Merry Xmas and a Happy 2013........




No comments:

Post a Comment